Saturday, September 27, 2014

Had anyone asked you - "Does God has a name"?



A name represent a person.  Parents name their children according to their expectation to the kids.  Most people live up to their names.

In Exodus, God asked Moses to lead the Israelite out of slavery in Egypt and go to the Promised Land.  Moses asked God saying – “Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”

So what is God’s name?

Exodus 3:14 “And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM; and He said, Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, “I AM” has sent me to you

God’s name is “I AM”.  This is how God called Himself.  When we say His name we will say “HE IS”.

O.K. so what? 

In Exodus 3:15: God, furthermore, said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.

We know God is love, God is righteous and even Jehovah Shalom (LORD is Peace).  But why “I AM” or “HE IS”?

It means God is EVERYTHING.  Jehovah Shalom is only one aspect of God.  It cannot truly describe God.

This has special meaning to me.  God is EVERYTHING that he can be my coach, teacher, counselor ….

Do you have such faith to trust that God is EVERYTHING?

Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

We must have faith to please God.  Well faith in what?  The faith is that we believe that his name is “He is”.  Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen”.

As a person experience, I like Chinese Kung Fu/Martial Arts and I can even say I have a passion on Kung Fu.  I have to say I am a peaceful man.  I like Kung Fu as a sport and it is amazing to see how the Kung Fu master issue the force to expel people a few feet away.  Well, I never have a chance to find a master to learn Kung Fu from.  15 years ago I have a good opportunity to learn from a Master but the class was in Sunday morning.  I have to worship God on Sunday morning so I passed out this opportunity.   

But then I ask God to be my Kung Fu master.   

And sure enough God had honored me since I have honored Him to forsake my personal interest so that I can worship Him on Sunday.  God show me insights on various aspect of Kung Fu and I can say I have certain “knowledge” on Kung Fu. 

God is EVERYTHING.  I encourage you to explore this aspect of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment